Gotham Logo Gotham Logo  

Online Discussions

Announcement

Welcome to the Gotham Center discussion boards. These boards offer our users a safe, friendly environment for discussions about New York City history. Please note that you must register before posting to the site.

#1 2011-09-27 07:11:15

murals109

trompe l’oeil mural

Chic and stylish boutique-type wall murals are sold for older girls, including rock star and girl power stickers designed to make distinct fashion statements.  Life-sized beach themes can be created by using giant wall murals depicting scenes of sun and surf.  Tropical wall mural windows and surfboard themed accents can create the perfect surfer girl look.  For a more dramatic look, turn an entire wall into a breathtaking undersea wall scene complete with fish, whales, and mermaids.  Fantasy themes also include enchanted kingdoms, unicorn decals, and customizable girls wall murals that begin with 'Once Upon a Time' and end with your daughter's own name, custom phrase or saying.

Another recent development in wall decor is the application of chalkboard and dry erase surfaces.  These peel and stick decals can be placed right into any girls wall mural, letting your child write her own story!  Wallies flower fairies dry erase and chalkboard stickers make perfect additions to any girl's wall decor, and come off just as easily as they go on.

The finishing touches to any wall mural include all the extra trimmings that will make your daughter's room so special.  Individual wall appliques and decal sheets can be used to supplement any little girls wall murals.  Flowers, butterflies, and magical wands come in pinks, purples, and beautiful rainbow colors.   There are even wall mural decals that turn your daughter's whole ceiling into a cloud-filled sky, as well as celestial glow-in-the-dark appliques of stars, moons and planets that can be enjoyed even when the lights go off!

No matter how you complete your little girls wall mural, the best part is getting her involved.  Together the two of you can create a functional work of wall art she'll enjoy and remember for years to come, all the while having fun in the process.

The history of Wall Murals is rich and complex. It goes back centuries. The oldest form started in caves. Then murals became a creation for political messages. These focused all your attention on society’s issues. It was not until the turn of the 20th century that murals were used in the décor of People’s homes.

Murals are large scenes or paintings that are applied directly to a wall, ceiling or other flat surfaces. They can’t be applied to rough or textured surfaces. What they are intended to do is make a small room look bigger. They can also bring out an atmosphere to a room without a view. They exhume a personal touch to a room that wallpaper can’t convey.

Murals create visual effects that are enticing or tranquil. They can be massive and usually emits a breathtaking aura. These scenes not only transform a portion of ones home but your mind and imagination.

The variety of murals is vast and the many styles that are available are too long to name. Most murals because of their size tend to be permanent once it is hung. So it is important that the one you choose, you will be able to live with for a long time.

There are artists in the field that are able to help you customize your design. With the computer era, you can easily print out a mural from one of your favorite photographs.

Many stores have paint by number murals that are designed with the child in mind. Murals can be easy to hang or you may need the help of a professional, depending on your wallpapering experience. As with the variety of styles to choose from, there is also a vast variance of price. You must decide depending on your own circumstance.

Let me explain how Wall Murals actually bring out the creativity that you might not know is inside you. I had just purchased my first condominium. My living room was the size of a small football field. There was one huge wall that encompassed the entire room. I went shopping and through the many catalogs I searched I picked out a rain forest scene. At the time my daughter was 3 and she was as cute as they come. I guess I might be a little prejudice.  She loved playing dress up and I must admit I enjoyed it too. So one day I dressed her up in a rain coat with an umbrella and posed her by the mural. I took many photographs of her standing by and in front of the rain forest. The pictures turned out great. It looked like 3-D. Almost as if she was truly there. I took these pictures and made postcards out of them. I sent them to all my friends and family. She felt like a star and I was impressed with my own accomplishment.
[url=http://tinawendon.com/]trompe l’oeil mural[/url]
[url=http://tinawendon.com/]trompe l’oeil murals[/url]

Features:

Donate Now!
Help support the Gotham Center

Join Our Mailing List

The Gotham History Blotter
Read new non-fiction essays about New York City History.

© 2004-2007 Gotham Center for New York City History. All Rights Reserved.

The Gotham Center for New York City History
The Graduate Center, The City University of New York, Room 6103
365 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10016-4309
Telephone: 212-817-8460
FAX: 212-817-1541
E-mail: gotham@gc.cuny.edu