123 East 55th Street
New York, NY 10022
The splendid Moorish Revival building designed by Henry Fernbach was built in 1872. Its sanctuary is the oldest Jewish house of worship in continuous use in the New York City. The structure features two star-studded bronze cupolas and a richly decorated interior of blues, earthy reds, ocher, and gilt - Moorish in inspiration but distinctly American 19th century. The Synagogue has an outstanding Judaica Museum which exhibits objects of Jewish life and ritual in exhibitions in the Synagogue and in the lobby of the Community House across the street at 123 East 55th Street.