J.J. Bryan Park,
5th Ave. and #rd St.,
The Old Stone House was originally built in Brooklyn on the Gowanus Creek by Claes Arentson Vechte, a Dutch immigrant, in 1699. Eventually the house would go on to have an eccletic and colorful New York history, including both the Revolutionary War's Battle of Brooklyn and the Brooklyn Dodgers. Today the OSH is an "historic interpretive center" runs educational programs and houses exhibits on New York history.